Designed by Dr Martin Fischer, the GC32 is a new adrenaline-pumping, “flying” catamaran – one of the world’s fastest one-designs. It is a foiling catamaran, meaning that the hulls soar above – rather than through – the water at 30+ knots speeds. Such technology is typically only available to America’s Cup competitors. The GC32 is effectively a scaled-down version of the foiling America’s Cup catamarans that raced around San Francisco Bay in 2013.
- Hull Length: 32f / 10m
- Width of Hull: 6m
- Weight: 955kg
- Mast high: 16.5m
- Max Sail Area: 170m2
- Crew: 5
- Max speed: 39knts
Programme 2017: GC32 Racing Tour
The GC32 Racing Tour is able to bring this cutting-edge, ultra-exciting racing to new audiences across the world. It’s also racing that takes place on a level playing field, with the one-design principle absolutely central to the competition’s ethos. The 2017 Tour will see a series of four-day events at venues across Europe. Where possible, racing will take place close to the shore to give spectators the best possible view of these flying machines.
- May 23-27: GC32 World Championship, Riva del Garda, Italiy
- June 27- July 1st: GC32 Lagos Cup, Lagos, Portugal
- July 31-August 4: 37th Copa del Rey MAPFRE, Palma de Majorqua, Spain
- September 12-16: GC32 Villasimius Cup, Villasimius, Sardinia, Italy
- October 10-14: GC32 TPM Med Cup, Toulon, France